Senior WordPress Developer
If you love a challenge, are happy working on multiple projects at once and have the skills to develop backend systems, then we have the perfect role for you. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing web development team and help us introduce best practices for development.
The role of Senior WordPress Developer will involve working on a range of client and internal development projects including bespoke websites and web-based applications. You will be working as part of a team of 7 and will report to the project manager.
As a Senior WordPress Developer, you will have built up an impressive portfolio of work and have a proven track record in backend development of eCommerce and bespoke websites using the WordPress platform.
Skills and experience:
- Strong PHP skills
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in WordPress development
- Strong skills in Advanced Custom Fields
- Plugin creation
- Experience of Foundation & Materialize frameworks, Sass and Grunt
- eCommerce development with WooCommerce
- Comfortable with version control (GIT)
- A proven background building bespoke websites
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with Linux server administration
The perfect candidate will already be working in a senior development position and will have built up an extensive portfolio of client projects. Excellent communication and written skills are a must and you must be confident discussing project requirements with clients as well as costing up projects based on development time. You should be used to working in a fast-paced department to tight deadlines and a positive attitude would be desirable.
Why work for us?
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Vibrant and fun working environment
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service
- Fantastic location – just 2 minutes’ walk from Oxford Road train station in Manchester
- Childcare vouchers
- Private healthcare package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- No weekend or shift work