Senior/ Lead Web Developer
If you love a challenge, are happy working on multiple projects at once and love leading by example then we have the perfect development role for you. This is an exciting opportunity to help us drive change, introduce best practices for web development and lead the team on to excellence.
The Senior Web Developer will be responsible for managing the workflow of the other developers in the team and will report directly to the project manager. From building and deploying websites and web based applications for our clients, to working on and implementing internal projects, this is a varied and rewarding role.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in WordPress development
- Strong skills in Advanced Custom Fields
- Plugin creation
- Experience of Foundation & Materialize frameworks, Sass and Grunt
- eCommerce development with WooCommerce
- Comfortable with version control (GIT)
- A proven background building bespoke websites
- Excellent communications and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with Linux server administration
- Previous experience of managing work flow of team
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring other members of the team
- Magento experience
The perfect candidate will be a strong leader who is willing to make decisions and take responsibility. Excellent communication and written skills are a must and you must be confident discussing project requirements with clients as well as costing up projects based on development time. You should be used to working in a fast paced department to tight deadlines and a positive attitude would be desirable.
If you have the skills to deliver great results for a portfolio of clients across a range of sectors and industries then we would love to hear from you.
Why work for us?
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Vibrant and fun working environment
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service
- Fantastic location – just 2 minutes’ walk from Oxford Road train station in Manchester
- Childcare vouchers
- Private healthcare package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- No weekend or shift work