Google AdWords is one of the easiest ways to get your business found for the right keywords and drive traffic to your website. But just because it is easy to get an AdWords campaign up and running doesn’t mean that it’s easy to get a positive return on your investment. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the ways that you can improve your ROI when running an AdWords campaign.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, a high quality score is one of the easiest ways to improve the performance of your AdWords campaign and will help you get more clicks for less money. A high quality score is generally indicative of a well-performing campaign and is something that you can improve with relatively little work.
Ways to improve your quality score:
- Make sure that you use your keywords in your advert primarily in the headline and description lines to ensure the message matches what your customer is searching for.
- Use the most relevant landing page in relation to the target keyword. On the page make sure headings and content match the keywords being used and are directly relevant to these searches.
Be a unicorn
Do your adverts sound similar to those of your competitors? It can be tempting to use similar advert copy to other businesses in the same industry but if you want to stand out and get noticed you need to be different. Start off by researching what content your competitors are using in their adverts, look out for similarities which will then open the door for ways you can make your adverts different. From the language that you use to how you communicate it, make sure your adverts stand out from the competition. Don’t be afraid to be a unicorn in a flock of sheep.
Optimise for mobile
Although most businesses have made the move to mobile-friendly websites and are well aware of the different requirements for mobile users a surprising number of advertisers are not optimising their AdWords campaigns for mobile devices. Here are some of the ways that you can improve your ROI on mobile devices:
- Call to action – Make calls to action as prominent as possible and instead of taking people to a form consider replacing with a click to call button, seeing as they are already using their phone they are more likely to take this action.
- Setup a mobile only campaign – The way we search on mobile is different than on a computer and this includes the keywords we use. Create a dedicated mobile campaign to target shorter keywords that may be much more profitable on mobile devices.
- Get straight to the point – Mobile users are less likely to stick around than their desktop equivalents so get right to the point by making your content as direct and concise as possible.
- Make landing pages mobile-friendly – One thing a lot of advertisers forget to check is that their dedicated landing pages are optimised for mobile devices. Failing to use mobile-friendly landing pages can have a massive impact on your ROI.
From ecommerce stores to service websites, remarketing gives you a way to increase your return on investment by targeting customers who have already visited your website and shown an interest in your products or services. With the ability to completely tailor your message based on visitor information, you can create campaigns that are geared to improving your conversions and getting you a better return.
In order to use remarketing you’ll need to implement a small piece of tracking code on your web pages, this is incredibly easy if you use the Google Tag Manager. Once you’ve installed the tracking code you’ll then be able to start building up audiences based on visits to pages on your website as well as key actions that are important to your business.
Using these tips you should be able to improve the return on your investment from your AdWords campaign and build more successful campaigns in the future. Of course, if you’re still struggling to achieve a positive return on your investment then we’d be happy to manage your campaign for you so get in touch with us today.